Stealth camping can be a great way to save money and experience nature in a unique way.
Here are 12 tips for stealth camping in a fleet van
- Choose a van that is inconspicuous – A fleet van or a cargo van can blend in better than a camper or RV.
- Avoid parking in busy areas
– Look for quiet streets or secluded parking lots away from prying eyes.
- Cover your windows
– Use window covers or curtains to prevent light from escaping and drawing attention to your vehicle.
- Be mindful of your noise level
– Keep noise to a minimum and avoid playing loud music or watching TV with the volume up.
- Keep your van clean
– A clean van can help avoid suspicion and prevent any unwanted attention.
- Use solar power
– Install solar panels on your roof to power your lights and charge your devices without needing to run a generator.
- Use a camping toilet
– This will save you from having to find public restrooms or facilities.
- Bring a portable shower
– Some campers opt for a portable shower to keep clean while on the road.
- Be aware of your surroundings
– If you feel unsafe or uncomfortable, move to a different location.
- Park away from other vehicles
– Try to park in areas where you won’t be noticed, and park away from other vehicles to avoid suspicion.
- Be respectful of the environment
– Pack out all trash and follow Leave No Trace principles to avoid attracting wildlife or damaging the environment.
- Have a backup plan
– Always have a backup plan in case your initial location doesn’t work out or you need to relocate quickly.
(Visited 67 times, 1 visits today)